Wednesday, December 05, 2007

 

Jennifer Newberry Interview


Jennifer Newberry headshot
It's been a while since we've interviewed a YouTube member. But we're going to do interviews regularly now, starting with this discussion with the beautiful and talented singer - Jennifer Newberry. Jennifer's YouTube channel is jennifernew21. She is a young woman with blond hair and stunning blue eyes who was born in Alabama, grew up in her mother's home country of Sweden, spent some time in New York City, and now lives in Seattle Washington. Jennfer currently has 64 videos on her channel, most are music videos of R&B cover songs. There are also videos of Jen's original songs. She has written, co-written and produced over 35 songs so far.

Now, here is our interview with Jennifer Newberry.

Hi, Jennifer! Thanks for agreeing to this interview. You have a great voice! How long have you been singing?
As long as I can remember, my mother was a singer so I was always around music. I performed the first time when I was 5 years old, it was at one of my mother's performances.

Who is your favorite singer?
My favorite singer is the female Swedish singer "Robyn" she has a deep meaning to her music and I love the way she sings. Christina Aguilera is also one of my favorite artists.

How did you first hear about YouTube?
Through a friend of a friend. He thought that it could help my career to become a successful singer/performer.

What made you decide to put videos up on YouTube?
When I knew that it was a way to be creative and to show people and let them know who I am. I'm not banking on YT to make my career but I am at least trying to channel my music.

What's the best thing you've put up, do you think?
hmm, I'm not sure. I'm very critical of my own stuff but if I have to choose I really love the video "New York New York I'm gonna have To Say Goodbye" because there are some fun footage of my last week living in NY and it's special to have as a visual memory.

You have become a very popular singer on YouTube. Could you please comment on why you think you are so popular and how you feel about it?
I'm not sure to be honest, I think that the songs have a lot to do with it. If it's a song that a lot of people like, it gets more hits and if they happened to like what they hear, they subscribe. :)

How have your friends and family reacted to your videos?
My family and friends are really supportive of my videos. In the beginning, I had a few videos where I used some bad language but I cleaned up and try to set a good example now.

How do you like working with other videomakers, like Wouter Hamel and Jeff Williams, and do you plan to do more collaborations in the future?
The Wounter Hamel was really exciting. I have gotten messages from people that have seen the video on MTV all the way over in the Netherlands. How cool is that! It's allot of fun to collaborate with people and I will diffidently do it in the future I have some projects going on right now actually so we'll see how that turns out.

Are you on any other websites besides YouTube?
Yes I am. First of all, I have my own official website jennifernewberry.com then of course myspace.com/jennifernewberry. I also have a page where I sell my music on cdbaby.com/jenmusic/cd and a page where I promote my music sellaband.com/jennifernewberry


Jennifer Newberry on SellaBand


What else do you like to do in your free time, besides making videos?
Like to be lazy and watch TV, listen to music, walk my dog.. you know normal stuff *smile*

If you could do it all over again, is there anything about your experiences with YouTube that you would change?
Not really, everything has a learning process and it's necessary to go through them to be able to better your self.

What are your plans for the future?
I would like to record another album so I'm working on some new music. :)


Don't Stop The Music - Jennifer Newberry (By Request)

Made by: jennifernew21
Rating: 4.62
Views: 8077
Comments: 180
Category: Music

I'm Getting Over You (Original) - Jennifer Newberry

Made by: jennifernew21
Rating: 4.69
Views: 2274
Comments: 44
Category: Music

Please click this link for a list of other YouTubeStars posts about Jennifer Newberry.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments:
Hey:) You should feature natalieeey1, she is amazing and really popular! She has so many friends, channel views and subscribers even though her account was closed for a crucial 6 MONTHS! She is amazing!
 

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this YouTubeStars post!






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

YouTube™ is a trademark of YouTube, LLC.
YouTubeStars and YouTube are not affiliated in any way.